Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Day 21: The Pinay Teacher and the Long Hospital Visit

    Just to preface, I did not go to the hospital for myself. I went with my mom to the University of Iowa Hospital to get her on the list for a kidney transplant. She has been having kidney problems for the past 10 years and only got on the list where we live this past year. To help increase her chances, we have been going to surrounding states and adding her to the kidney transplant list. Today was just a full day of learning more about kidney transplants and my mom having to do all these medical tests. The doctors kept emphasizing how a living kidney donor is the best option. Sadly no one in our family can donate a kidney due to other health issues. We are starting the process of finding a living donor, but also hoping that we will get that phone call from any of the hospitals. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a long and grueling day in a long series of long and grueling days. I wish health for your mother and luck in the search for a living donor.

    ReplyDelete

Day 31: The Pinay Teacher's ABCs of Spring Break

    I was inspired by many people to do an ABCs of spring break, especially since this is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. I wan...