Friday, March 3, 2023

Day 3: The Institute Day of a Pinay Teacher

     As a 1st year teacher, there is still so much for me to learn. Today is one of the designated days for someone like me to hopefully become a better teacher. All of the special education team had the option to attend professional development seminars with other special education members in the county. I signed up for two seminars about Collaboration and Conflict Management and Using Academic Interventions and Evidence-Based Practices. Being a part of these seminars reminded me so much of what I learned in college just a few years ago. Even though a lot of the ideas shared at the seminar were things I learned before, it is a nice reminder for me and a way for me to reflect on the practices I use in the classroom. This made me think about how I need those daily reminders to help me grow as a teacher. Something I did in college was find different education videos on YouTube and just watch one each day. It keeps my brain going and keeps me reflecting on what I do each day in my teaching. These institute days can give people mixed feelings, but as a new teacher, I try to absorb as much information as I can to help me grow as a teacher. 

1 comment:

  1. We attended the same sessions! I find that sometimes a good refresher is a good thing. Sometimes we just over think things and need to go back to the basics! I really like the idea of watching a video a day!

    ReplyDelete

Day 31: The Pinay Teacher's ABCs of Spring Break

    I was inspired by many people to do an ABCs of spring break, especially since this is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. I wan...