Monday, March 13, 2023

Day 13: The Pinay Teacher's 1st Field Trip


    Today was my first field trip with the 1st and 2nd graders! We got to watch the stage version of Charlotte's Web which was super cute and interactive for the kids. I was a little bit nervous prior to the trip since I didn't know how any of my kids would react to sitting quietly for an hour. Surprisingly all my kids were pleasant audience members and were enjoying the show. I totally forgot about how Charlotte's Web is kind of a depressing story, especially with all the talk of a pig being slaughtered and the fact that one of the characters dies (haha didn't want to give a spoiler in case anyone hasn't read it yet)! The kids really enjoyed the field trip and were super excited about going on more field trips in the future. My least favorite part in the whole trip though was the bus ride...I definitely got motion sickness, but I also had to help so many kids so that didn't really help. Hopefully I get used to all these bus rides on field trips!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! So glad the kids surprised you and handled themselves as audience members. Those bus rides will get easier (not quieter) just easier! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Day 31: The Pinay Teacher's ABCs of Spring Break

    I was inspired by many people to do an ABCs of spring break, especially since this is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. I wan...