Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Day 15: The Pinay Teacher and Mr. Potatohead

    With one of my 2nd graders, we are working on how-to writing. He was writing about how to make a Mr. Potatohead. Seeing that he was writing about Mr. Potatohead made me think about all the Toy Story movies. As I'm writing this blog, one of my coworkers and a student were also talking about Toy Story. I didn't really like the character of Mr. Potatohead since he was kind of rude to everyone. Even when he had Mrs. Potatohead, Mr. Potatohead just had such a negative attitude. The character that I always loved watching was Jessie the cowgirl. She always tried to stay positive and was such a strong female character to look up to. Her sad backstory would always make me cry though. This blog is kind of a random thoughts going on of my day, but Toy Story is just a great movie that is still being talked about in the workplace and beyond.  

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought about Toy Story in years - since my own kids were little. I remember Jessie but had either forgotten or not known about her sad history. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where you took your thoughts about your student writing about Mr. Potato Head. You turned it into a sweet slice of your life. I love the Toy Story movies, and since we recently got Disney Plus, I watched all four movies. The last two I had never seen before, so that was fun. Jessie is a sweet character.

    ReplyDelete

Day 31: The Pinay Teacher's ABCs of Spring Break

    I was inspired by many people to do an ABCs of spring break, especially since this is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. I wan...