Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Day 8: Affirmations and Defeats of a Pinay Teacher

    Today was just full of defeat, pain, and exhaustion. With everything that is going on at school and at home, I just wasn't feeling my best self. Last week, the special education team wrote affirmation letters to each other for us to read if we ever have a bad day. Today was definitely a day for me to read some encouragement from my co-workers. Reading that affirmation gave me the push I needed until the end of the day. Since the activity is called "Give-One, Get-One", I wrote an affirmation to one of my teammates that I definitely appreciated today. I am glad to be part of a team that supports each other and helps me grow as a new teacher. 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you have a supportive team that practices the "Give-One, Get-One" activity. It is so important to have those letters to look at when the day is bad, ESPECIALLY when you are new to teaching. (As time passes, you will collect wonderful notes from students too, and they also make excellent pick-me-ups on the bad days.)

    ReplyDelete

Day 31: The Pinay Teacher's ABCs of Spring Break

    I was inspired by many people to do an ABCs of spring break, especially since this is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. I wan...